EXCITING EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
INCOMING QUALITY INSPECTOR
Employer: Universal Packaging Systems, Inc. (dba PakLab)
Job Title: Quality Inspector (Incoming)
Reports To: Quality Supervisor
Job Site: 5055 State Route 276, Batavia OH 45103
Hours: Full-time/1st and 2nd shift positions available
Performs incoming material audits, line inspections and finished product inspections to assure all products and materials meet or exceed internal and external customer specifications.
No direct supervision, also works with the quality, maintenance, human resource, department.
- Inspects and approves labels, boxes, code dates and packaging materials.
- Pulls samples and labeling specifically including Aseptic sampling formicro analysis and retains samples
- Approves and releases product process including equipment and materials
- Places non-conforming materials and products on hold
- Performs Quality control checks – including:
- Case counts
- Packaging attributes (registration, silver)
- Package integrity
- TAMU scale
- Pressure/Compression checks
- Weight checks
- Quality control check list
- Performs AQL inspection
- Conducts Sensory evaluation (color, appearance, and odor)
- Provides quality instructions to operators
- Maintains Out of Spec log sheets
- Assures compliance with the following Quality policies:
- Quality Control Procedure
- Non-conforming Materials Procedure
- Over the counter Procedures
- Reclaiming Micro Sensitive Product
- GMP Policy
- Aseptic Sampling
- Equipment Idle Time Policy
- Other duties as assigned
Understand what areas of the machine or work area are no touch areas
Makes minor machine adjustments including:
- Starts/Stops Line
- Adjusts silver
- Adjusts registration
- Adjusts code date on case sealers and casepackers
- Reworks non-conforming products
- Reclaims products and materials as practical
- Provides machine relief as available
- Assist with housekeeping
- Minimum high school diploma or related experience
- Ability to read and write
- Strong organizational skills
- Excellent interpersonal, communication (written and verbal), and problem resolution skills a must. Ability to facilitate activities and corresponding results without direct control of personnel and/or process
- Detail focused
- Team Player
- Ability to manage multiple priorities.
- Strong basic math skills
- Experience in Quality Control (i.e. quality control tests, quality control specifications, etc.) preferred
- Strong technical knowledge, with manufacturing experience in a flexible packaging operation preferred
SPECIAL EQUIPMENT/WORKING CONDITIONS
- Exposure to high noise levels.
- Personal Protective Equipment required.
- Ability to stand for extended periods of time
- Bend and lift up to 35 lbs
- Hand/Eye Coordination and Dexterity
This position requires an industry professional that is self-motivated, capable of working independently and of making fast and sometimes critical decisions with regards to customer orders and needs.
This individual must have an intuitive ability to notice, interpret, anticipate and respond to others concerns based on their choice of words, tone of voice, expressions, and other non-verbal behavior.
This position requires a proactive individual who can accurately anticipate the needs of the customer before it is asked, and actively facilitate the necessary solution to the need in a timely manner.
- Use positive behaviors and practice the following six actions to promote an environment conducive to a Total Quality Organization.
- Use positive reinforcement.
- Ask what questions, problems and concerns people have and how you can help.
- Ask for input prior to decision making.
- Provide information and timely feedback.
- Manage position as an entrepreneur.
- Treat all people with respect.
- Conduct all business in a planned, professional and ethical manner.
- Treat people respectfully as individuals in a manner that is fair to both the individual and the Company.
- Demonstrate personal commitment to continuous improvement.
- Enhance interpersonal relations as part of the team concept.
Please send resume to Batavia HR Department:
Attn: STORMI STEVENS
Universal Packaging Systems, Inc. (dba: PakLab)
5055 State Route 276
Batavia, OH 45103
Or, submit it online now...