EXCITING EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
Employer: Universal Packaging Systems, Inc. (dba PakLab)
Job Title: Materials Coordinator
Reports To: Planning & Scheduling Supervisor
Job Site: 5055 State Route 276, Batavia OH 45103
Analyzes materials usage from weekly schedules to determine Batavia site on-hand inventory requirements. Coordinates movement of materials to and from Batavia Warehouse to maximize space utilization and provide materials for production.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS (other duties may be assigned):
- Analyzes weekly production schedules and on-hand Batavia site inventories to determine materials requirements.
- Coordinates Broadwell/Batavia shuttle movements so that materials are moved to and from the Batavia site in a timely manner. Prioritizes materials to avoid production line outages.
- Coordinates cycle count and inventory efforts with Inventory Control Team to ensure Batavia inventory is accurate.
- Coordinates planning/scheduling activities with Customer Service Representatives/Planning Group so that materials priorities are correctly establishedand to avoid production outages.
- Works with Warehouse Team-Leaders and Personnel to ensure timely loading/ unloading of trucks and issuance of materials to the production lines.
- Communicates material shortages/exceptions with CSR/Planners, Buyers, and Production Group as needed.
- Works with Quality Group to remove defective materials from production lines to Containment and into R Status.
- Prepares routine reports as needed.
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience: High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Language Skills: Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
Mathematical Skills: Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
Reasoning Ability: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations. Mustbe a quick learner and quick decision maker.
Computer Skills: To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of ERP systems; Microsoft Office Suite with extensive knowledge of Excel. Prior knowledge of SAGEx3 a plus.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations: Company approved forklift operators license/APICS certification a plus.
- Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem solving situations; Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
- Customer Service - Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; Responds promptly to customer needs; Solicits customer feedback to improve service; Responds to requests for service and assistance; Meets commitments.
- Oral Communication - Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions; Demonstrates group presentation skills; Participates in meetings.
- Written Communication - Writes clearly and informatively; Edits work for spelling and grammar; Extensive Office Suite – Excel knowledge; Presents numerical data effectively; Able to read and interpret computer data.
- Coordination - Cordinates work assignments; Matches the responsibility to the person; Gives authority to work independently; Sets expectations and monitors delegated activities; Provides recognition for results.
- Leadership - Exhibits confidence in self and others; Inspires and motivates others to perform well; effectively influences actions and opinions of others; Accepts feedback from others; Gives appropriate recognition to others.
- Systems Knowledge – Familiar with ERP systems and interactions. Knowledge of SAGEx3 a plus.
- Ethics - Treats people with respect; Keeps commitments; Inspires the trust of others; Works with integrity and ethically; Upholds organizational values.
- Professionalism - Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; Accepts responsibility for own actions; Follows through on commitments.
- Quality - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve performance; Monitors own work to ensure quality.
- Quantity - Meets productivity standards; Completes work in timely manner; Strives to increase productivity; Works quickly.
- Safety and Security - Observes safety and security procedures; Determines appropriate action beyond guidelines; Reports potentially unsafe conditions; Uses equipment and materials properly.
- Adaptability - Adapts to changes in the work environment; Manages competing demands; Changes approach or method to best fit the situation; Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
- Attendance/Punctuality - Is consistently at work and on time; Ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent; Arrives at meetings and appointments on time.
- Dependability - Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Takes responsibility for own actions; Keeps commitments; Commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals. Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
SPECIAL EQUIPMENT/WORKING CONDITIONS
- Physical Demands The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk and use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee is occasionally required to sit. The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include ability to adjust focus.
- Work Environment The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is frequently exposed to moving mechanical parts. The employee is occasionally exposed to vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- All employees of PakLab must use positive behaviors and practice the following six actions to promote an environment conducive to a Total Quality Organization:
- Use positive reinforcement.
- Ask what questions, problems and concerns people have and how you can help.
- Ask for input prior to decision making.
- Provide information and timely feedback.
- Manage position as an entrepreneur.
- Treat all people with respect.
- Conduct all business in a planned, professional and ethical manner.
- Treat people respectfully as individuals in a manner that is fair to both the individual and the Company.
- Demonstrate personal commitment to continuous improvement.
- Enhance interpersonal relations as part of the team concept.
Please send resume to Batavia HR Department:
Attn: STORMI STEVENS
Universal Packaging Systems, Inc. (dba: PakLab)
5055 State Route 276
Batavia, OH 45103
Or, submit it online now...