EXCITING EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
QUALITY CONTROL LAB TECHNICIAN
Employer: Universal Packaging Systems, Inc. (dba PakLab)
Job Title: Quality Control Lab Technician
Reports To: Quality Manager
Job Site: 5055 State Route 276, Batavia OH 45103
Hours: Full-time/1st and 2nd shift positions available
Responsible for R&D lab support including but not limited to R&D stability program, incoming raw material handling, sample submission handling and tracking, submission approval tracking, ordering lab supplies, making lab batches.
- Responsible for organization within the lab
- Performs testing of incoming raw materials and finished products according to required specifications and methods
- Maintain relationship with external departments such as pre-weigh and QA and ensure requests are being completed in a timely manner.
- Responsible for maintenance and calibration of laboratory equipment
- Responsible for maintaining a laboratory notebook
- Become proficient at making lab batches
- Assist team members(including training) as needed
- Track submission approvals
- Track weekly submissions
- Other duties as assigned
- Knowledgeable of PakLab product and process capabilities.
- Performs assigned duties with minimal supervision.
- Other duties as assigned
- Excellent English written and verbal communication skills
- Advanced statistical and mathematical skills
- Proficiency with computer systems and applications such as Windows XP, Microsoft Office, and Adobe Illustrator.
- Two or more years experience as a lab technician or related experience
- High School Diploma or GED
- Superior problem solving, decision making and organizational skills
SPECIAL EQUIPMENT/WORKING CONDITIONS
- Ability to lift and pull a minimum of 25 lbs
- Requires walking, standing or sitting for lengthy periods of time
- Requires bending, pulling, pushing, reaching above shoulder/below waist levels and climbing of stairs
- All employees of PakLab must use positive behaviors and practice the following six actions to promote an environment conducive to a Total Quality Organization:
- Use positive reinforcement.
- Ask what questions, problems and concerns people have and how you can help.
- Ask for input prior to decision making.
- Provide information and timely feedback.
- Manage position as an entrepreneur.
- Treat all people with respect.
- Conduct all business in a planned, professional and ethical manner.
- Treat people respectfully as individuals in a manner that is fair to both the individual and the Company.
- Demonstrate personal commitment to continuous improvement.
- Enhance interpersonal relations as part of the team concept.
Please send resume to Batavia HR Department:
Attn: STORMI STEVENS
Universal Packaging Systems, Inc. (dba: PakLab)
5055 State Route 276
Batavia, OH 45103
Or, submit it online now...