EXCITING EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
Employer: Universal Packaging Systems, Inc. (dba PakLab)
Job Title: Quality Specialist
Reports To: Quality Supervisor
Job Site: 5055 State Route 276, Batavia OH 45103
Responsible for providing service to customers by acting as the Quality liaison between customers, PakLab sales reps, operations, technical, customer service, scheduling, and other departmental personnel to facilitate processing and completion of orders that are in compliance with customer requirements and specifications.
- Maintenance of Customer and Internal specifications (including oversight of associated Change Management forms)
- Creation of all Start of Packs
- Preparation of daily micro release reports for raw materials
- Preparation of customer documentation – COAs, AQL reports, etc
- Ensuring customer samples and all associated forms are submitted on time and per customer specification
- Preparation of customer Monthly quality reports including compilation of associated raw data
- Maintenance of P&G COA Compliance Tracking Log
- Assist Quality Management in investigation of Customer Complaints
- Maintenance of Odor standard inventory
- Proactive engagement in communication with customers on a regular basis to discuss any quality issues or obtain any relevant information
- Sensitive to customer concerns and immediately facilitates resolution and responds to the customer
- Use of electronic communications as required by customer and internal sources.
- Cross trained as back up for other Quality Specialist personnel.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Minimum high school diploma or equivalent.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication (written and verbal), and problem resolution skills a must. Ability to facilitate activities and corresponding results without direct control of personnel and/or process.
- Strong PC skills in various software applications, including Word, Excel, Access, Outlook and others as required.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities.
- Experience in Quality Control (i.e. quality control testing, quality control specifications, etc.) preferred
- Strong technical knowledge, with manufacturing experience in a flexible packaging operation preferred
SPECIAL EQUIPMENT/WORKING CONDITIONS
- Exposure to manufacturing environment that may include loud noise and exposure to fumes as a resultant of the manufacturing process(es).
- PC and mainframe operating system, fax/copy/scanning machines and other PakLab equipment.
- Ability to stand for extended periods of time
- Bend and lift up to 35 lbs
This individual must have an intuitive ability to notice, interpret, anticipate and respond to others concerns based on their choice of words, tone of voice, expressions and other non-verbal behavior.
Use positive behaviors and practice the following six actions to promote an environment conducive to a Total Quality Organization:
- Use positive reinforcement.
- Ask what questions, problems and concerns people have and how you can help.
- Ask for input prior to decision making.
- Provide information and timely feedback.
- Manage position as an entrepreneur.
- Treat all people with respect.
- Conduct all business in a planned, professional and ethical manner.
- Treat people respectfully as individuals in a manner that is fair to both the individual and the Company.
- Demonstrate personal commitment to continuous improvement.
- Enhance interpersonal relations as part of the team concept.
Please send resume to Batavia HR Department:
Attn: STORMI STEVENS
Universal Packaging Systems, Inc. (dba: PakLab)
5055 State Route 276
Batavia, OH 45103
Or, submit it online now...