EXCITING EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
Employer: Universal Packaging Systems, Inc. (dba PakLab)
Job Title: Line Operator
Reports To: Production Supervisor
Job Site: 5055 State Route 276, Batavia OH 45103
Hours: Full-time/1st and 2nd shift positions available
This position assumes responsibility for the safe and efficient operation of a production line and/or production area to produce good, quality products. This involves all aspects of machine operation to accomplish production requirements. This position will start/stop the line, continuously monitor the equipment for quality conformance, and make basic adjustments as needed to optimize line performance in terms of Safety, Quality, Uptime, and Speed.
This position will participate in both preventive maintenance and repairs to assigned equipment.
Line Operators are team players and, in a friendly and efficient manner, interact with Quality, Production, Sanitation, and Warehouse personnel. As needed, Line Operators may be assigned to provide job-specific training to other associates.
This is typically an entry-level position, with the expectation of qualification as a Line Operator after 1 – 2 years of experience.
May be assigned as a Packer or other position, as determined by Production Supervisor.
Line Operators are responsible for achieving production goals, always working within a standing priority ordered as (1) Safety, (2) Quality, (3) Uptime, and (4) Speed.
- Responsible for the safe operation of the assigned line, including all aspects of material handling, machine operation, peripheral equipment, and pack-out operations.
- Trained and qualified in Lock-out/Tag Out(LOTO)
- Responsible to ensure line area housekeeping takes place each shift.
- Line Operators have primary responsibility for identifying and correcting quality issues on their assigned lines, including both raw materials and finished goods. Accordingly, Line Operators must be familiar with the quality specifications and requirements for the products on their assigned lines.
- Line Operators must work effectively with Quality Inspectors, using teamwork to resolve any quality problems on their assigned lines.
- Quickly and efficiently accomplish line releases. Minimize scrap during start-ups.
- Accurately complete all required/assigned paperwork and documentation.
- Primary point of contact for all aspects of line operation. This includes coordinating the delivery of raw materials, ensuring equipment readiness for production, and operation.
- Responsible for the start and stop of the line at break times and shift change.
- Efficiently change film rolls to maximize uptime.
- Efficiently change date codes to maximize uptime.
- As needed, make routine set-up adjustments to line equipment to maximize quality and maintain throughput.
- With assistance (as needed), accomplish basic machine set-ups in preparation for upcoming production runs.
- With assistance (as needed), accomplish preventive maintenance functions.
- Minimize lost line time during start-ups.
- Assist in reclaim and re-work.
- Provide break relief to packers to maximize uptime.
- Communicate with Leads and Quality Inspectors to ensure that downtime records reflect an accurate account of any downtime incurred on the line.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Assist with housekeeping
- Assist with relief for breaks and lunches
- Assist with reclaim and rework
- Ability to assist with inspection work
- Minimum high school diploma or related experience
- Prefer 1 to 2 years Mechanical work experience (not required).
- Must speak, read, and write English.
- Must demonstrate good organizational skills.
- Basic general mathematical and measurement skills.
- Must bring a personally-owned set of basic hand tools.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities.
- Ability to work within company policies & procedures including, but not limited to safety, quality, and good manufacturing practices (GMP).
- Attention to detail is a must.
- Basic Pneumatics knowledge, including print reading.
- Basic mechanical knowledge, including troubleshooting and repair.
- Become an expert in operation of at least one type of line (Dry Coin Vend, Bartelt, Prodo-Pak, etc.).
- Become familiar with the cleaning and sanitizing of fill systems on assigned lines.
- Ability to facilitate activities and corresponding results without direct control of personnel and/or process.
SPECIAL EQUIPMENT/WORKING CONDITIONS
- Primary environment includes manufacturing equipment. Safety equipment required
- Ability to stand on feet for extended periods of time
- Bend and lift up to 35 lbs
- Hand/Eye Coordination and Dexterity
- Must be able to accept and work with direction and various priorities from a number of individuals.
All employees of PakLab must use positive behaviors and practice the following six actions to promote an environment conducive to a Total Quality Organization:
- Use positive reinforcement.
- Ask what questions, problems and concerns people have and how you can help.
- Ask for input prior to decision making.
- Provide information and timely feedback.
- Manage position as an entrepreneur.
- Treat all people with respect.
- Conduct all business in a planned, professional and ethical manner.
- Treat people respectfully as individuals in a manner that is fair to both the individual and the Company.
- Demonstrate personal commitment to continuous improvement.
- Enhance interpersonal relations as part of the team concept.
Please send resume to Batavia HR Department:
Attn: STORMI STEVENS
Universal Packaging Systems, Inc. (dba: PakLab)
5055 State Route 276
Batavia, OH 45103
Or, submit it online now...