EXCITING EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
Quality Assurance Inspector
Employer: Universal Packaging Systems, Inc. (dba PakLab)
Job Title: Quality Assurance Inspector
Reports To: Quality Supervisor
Job Site: 5055 State Route 276, Batavia OH 45103
Hours: Full-time/1st and 2nd shift positions available
Performs incoming material audits, line inspections and finished product inspections to assure all products and materials meet or exceed internal and external customer specifications.
- Inspects and approves labels, boxes, code dates and packaging materials.
- Pulls samples and labeling specifically including Aseptic sampling for micro analysis and retains samples
- Approves and releases product process including equipment and materials
- Places non-conforming materials and products on hold
- Performs Quality control checks – including:
- Quality control check list
- Weight checks
- Pressure/Compression checks
- TAMU scale
- Package integrity
- Packaging attributes (registration, silver)
- Case counts
- Performs AQL inspection
- Conducts Sensory evaluation (color, appearance, and odor)
- Provides quality instructions to operators
- Maintains Out of Spec log sheets
- Assures compliance with the following Quality policies:
- Quality Control Procedure
- Non-conforming Materials Procedure
- Over the counter Procedures
- Reclaiming Micro Sensitive Product
- GMP Policy
- Aseptic Sampling
- Equipment Idle Time Policy
- Other duties as assigned
- Understand what areas of the machine or work area are no touch areas
- Makes minor machine adjustments including:
- Starts/Stops Line
- Adjusts silver
- Adjusts registration
- Adjusts code date on case sealers and casepackers
- Reworks non-conforming products
- Reclaims products and materials as practical
- Provides machine relief as available
- Assist with housekeeping
- Minimum high school diploma or related experience
- Ability to read and write
- Strong organizational skills
- Excellent interpersonal, communication (written and verbal), and problem resolution skills a must. Ability to facilitate activities and corresponding results without direct control of personnel and/or process
- Detail focused
- Team Player
- Ability to manage multiple priorities.
- Strong basic math skills
- Experience in Quality Control (i.e. quality control tests, quality control specifications, etc.) preferred
- Strong technical knowledge, with manufacturing experience in a flexible packaging operation preferred
SPECIAL EQUIPMENT/WORKING CONDITIONS
- Exposure to high noise levels.
- Personal Protective Equipment required.
- Ability to stand for extended periods of time
- Bend and lift up to 35 lbs
- Hand/Eye Coordination and Dexterity
All employees of PakLab must use positive behaviors and practice the following six actions to promote an environment conducive to a Total Quality Organization:
- Use positive reinforcement.
- Ask what questions, problems and concerns people have and how you can help.
- Ask for input prior to decision making.
- Provide information and timely feedback.
- Manage position as an entrepreneur.
- Treat all people with respect.
- Conduct all business in a planned, professional and ethical manner.
- Treat people respectfully as individuals in a manner that is fair to both the individual and the Company.
- Demonstrate personal commitment to continuous improvement.
- Enhance interpersonal relations as part of the team concept.
Please send resume to Batavia HR Department:
Attn: STORMI STEVENS
Universal Packaging Systems, Inc. (dba: PakLab)
5055 State Route 276
Batavia, OH 45103
Or, submit it online now...